Friday 30 March 2012

Back on the shelf

This last week has been a good one and a bad one. On the good side, I had my first non-familial dinner party, kicking off a week of house warmings. Due to various unscheduled events such as lockings out and breakings in, the cooking stage was a bit more rushed that I'd have liked and so no time for pics, other than the aftermath:

Dinner was a wheat free, meat free, nut and legume challenge due to various dietary requirements (and there were only three of us!) but consisted of homemade babaganoush (if only I could ever remember the recipe), sweet potato and spinach curry and lemon marscepone cheesecake. Needless to say, Wednesday was a struggle but I felt like a very lucky lady to have such lovely friends.

And on to the bad...sadly myself and the muscle have parted ways, which has left me sad and deflated. But leads me nicely onto two projects I HAVE completed this week - my 'back on the shelf' makeover. And on this rare occasion, I don't mean a new hair colour or flowery dress.

Number 1: My Billy bookcase makeover

Inspired by this blog here, and uninspired by the Ikea Billy bookcase that I've been lugging around various homes in London for the last eight years, here's my Billy bookcase as a work in progress:

 
And unveiling Billy's new look:


And onto the worst flatpack job I've ever had the pleasure to experience (in case you're wondering why the cheapest Argos shelves are so cheap). After a link of paint, and some added sparkle, now interim home to all my crafty bits and pieces:


And so off to bed for tomorrow the housewarming continues with a mini warming of a mini flat. Pics and sore heads to follow on Sunday I'm sure.


Good night x

No comments:

Post a Comment